Walk-Behind Rollers (2)
Walk-behind rollers or trench rollers are perfect compactors for narrow work areas that need preparation such as pavement, shoulders and sidewalks. When equipped with a smooth drum, these rollers compact granular soil such as gravel or sand. Trench rollers equipped with a padfoot drum - also known as a sheepsfoot - compact cohesive soil such as clay or silt. Both types of rollers offer excellent gradeability and traction working on loose soils in thick lifts.
These walk-behind rollers combine the ease of use and sleek design of a plate compactor and the finishing work of a larger double drum roller in compact packages. Double drum rollers allow the front roller to prep the site and finish compaction with the second.
- Why is soil compaction important?
- Soil compaction is important for paving construction work because it ensures that the cement or asphalt cover is level and will not erode over time. Properly compacting soil in trench backfill work will make sure the trench will not flood.
- How do I fix compacted clay soil?
- Your work area may be over compacted if you see cracks in the soil. This may have happened by using a compactor with unnecessarily high-impact force or by compacting soil that was too wet. You can fix over-compacted clay soil by minimizing traffic when it is wet, by adding a composite of granular soil to the mix or by switching to a different compactor with less impact force.
- Can I use a walk behind roller instead of a plate compactor?
- A walk behind roller with a padfoot drum would be the best choice when working with cohesive soils such as clay or silt, especially compacting trench backfill. Choose a plate compactor or walk behind roller with a smooth drum when working with more granular soils or asphalt.
- Remote control available
- Drive, steering and brakes are fully hydrostatic for easy operation
- Model offers flexible drums that allows for convenient conversion from 32" to 22"
- The articulated joint increases maneuverability and the low center of gravity improves stability
- Add this walk-behind tandem padfoot drum trench compaction roller to your cart
- Travel and throttle levers are within easy reach of operator
- Vibration-cushioned handle and components reduce operator fatigue
- Narrow profile design for less than 1" (25 mm) side clearance
- The guide handle folds for transport and compact storage
- Add this walk-behind tandem drum compaction roller to your cart